Unisa’s Student Funding Directorate (DSF) administers donor funds in the form of student loans and scholarships according to the criteria of the donors. The main purpose is to assist the financially needy and academically deserving students. Unisa is proud to have empowered a large number of students from different colleges and diverse geographical groups.
Unisa Merit Bursaries
Minimum requirements for bursary:
- Students must have obtained an average of at least 75% in their previous year of study.
- The scholarship is only awarded to South African citizens who are registered for a formal qualification in any field at Unisa.
- The bursary covers only tuition fees and prescribed textbooks.
- Awards will only be made if there is sufficient funding.
- Students who received the scholarship in 2019 do not need to apply.However, such students must meet the 75% average that will be considered for the scholarship in 2020.
The following documents are required:
- Copy of ID
- Proof of household income
- Parents’ IDs (for dependent applicants) Academic record