Gauteng City Region Academy Bursaries 2020-2021
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Education Department which aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. GCRA invites all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng as well as unemployed students to apply for the bursary program.
GCRA Scholarship covers registration fees, tuition fees, and academic books at any recognized higher education institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training College (TVET).
If academic expenses exceed the maximum GCRA bursary amount, bursary holders are encouraged to apply for other additional sponsorships. GCRA bursary holders are also expected to provide 40 hours of community service from their first year of study until graduation.
GCRA Bursary Requirements:
- South African Citizenship
- Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all public schools in Gauteng
- completed Grades 09 – 12 and students in technical schools wishing to pursue vocational studies at a Gauteng TVET public colleges.
- Ages 16 – 35 years of age
- Registered at a postgraduate institution
- Applications for the bursary program can be made during the year.
HOW TO APPLY
- GCRA scholarship applications are available online to all applicants. Register a profile in the GCRA Work Centers section.
- Prepare the following document to accompany your application:Certified copy of ID Certified copy of your Grade 12 / highest qualification proof of residence Acceptance letter from the institution
For more information: Address: 17 Diagonal Street, 5th JSE Building, Marshalltown, Johannesburg , 2113 Tel: +27 11 556 9000