Full Job Description
Kendrick Recruitment is looking for an experienced assistant food and beverage manager for an established guesthouse in the KZN Midlands.
Live in position R10 000,00
Provided for individuals only (900 m from the hotel) – consists of an en-suite room and shower. Communal lounge and kitchen area for all. Deductions are made for housekeeping – R400,00 per month for a maid to clean the room once a week and to do all laundry. Electricity is deducted based on usage. 15 km from Howick (Pick ‘n Pay, Clicks, Woolworths Foods, Hospital) and 40 km from Pietermaritzburg.
Uniforms are provided in summer and winter. Staff provide own stockings, shoes and belts as required.
Part of the management team – so the Duty Manager shifts in the Main Hotel will be expected.
6 Day week – 6 days off every 4 weeks / every week taken (not accumulated). Annual leave of 18 days per year
Work, Excel, Opera and Micros required.Microsoft Office required.
FB Manager at 1 Asst FB Manager at 2 Barmen & Barlady at 3 Waiters at 10
Description of Area
Hotel 33 bedrooms, laundry, spa, 2 restaurants (180 seats bistro and 50 seats fine dining), chapel, conference room (150 seats ), public toilets (4 sets), lounges (5), pubs (2), basement, offices and Riverfront Lodge.
The farmhouse has a self-catering farmhouse that sleeps 12 people – 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms – fully furnished.
Staff Accommodation 14 bedrooms – bathroom en suite, 3 x 2 bedroom cottages, 3 x 1 driver’s cabins, common room and kitchen with laundry.
The assistant food and beverage manager is expected to manage the Food & Beverage team and ensure standards are maintained at all times.
- Assists in the management of food and beverage production and service.
- You will assist in the marketing and promotion of all food and beverage products to maximize sales and will participate in the development and implementation of food promotions, new menus and systems.
- The development of budgets, sales targets, control costs and the purchase of inventory. You manage standards management, development and updating systems.
- You will assist in the development and monitoring of staff in achieving the highest standards of service and customer service and you will take responsibility for and monitor the training and development of all staff.
- As part of your role, you will monitor licensing laws and other legal requirements and maintain staff awareness and comply with health and safety, fire and hygiene regulations.
- You will ensure that all administration procedures are completed accurately and that you maintain a high standard of personal presentation and punctuality.
- Hazardous Materials Workplace Certification (WHIMIS) is an asset and may be required
- Knowledge Health and Safety Quality Control Fire and Emergency Procedures
- Customer Service
- Financial Management Assistance
- Maintenance Procedures
- Produce reports and inventory control
- Assist with the development of the menu Sales and marketing of Micros POS are required
- Highly developed communication skills
- Awareness of management practices and procedures
- Self motivated
- Physically very fit
- Ability to work with multicultural team * Ability to work shifts
- Strong attention detail is crucial
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position for a 4 or 5 star hotel
- If you meet the above requirements, please send resume and 2 written references from previous employers