Transnet offers a Transnet General Worker opportunity to applicants interested in joining the Transnet group. Applicants who will be successfully hired for this Transnet General Worker opportunity will need to provide technical support staff on maintenance repairs and new job services within the TNPA infrastructure, to ensure timely completion of tasks and well-maintained infrastructure, . Be responsible for cleaning and housekeeping of the Sandby Road and ensure a clean and tidy environment to the specifications at all times.
Transnet is currently moving from its market demand strategy, characterized by accelerated capital investment, to the Transnet 4.0 strategy, which focuses on repositioning Transnet, and the country’s freight system, for competitiveness within the rapidly changing, technology-driven context of the fourth industrial revolution. The key growth pressures of the strategy include; geographical expansion, innovation of products and services, and diversification and expansion of the scope of Transnet’s manufacturing business. The main objectives of Transnet’s efforts are to increase the connectivity, density and capacity of the integrated port, rail and pipeline network
- Grade 10 (Standard 8)
- 6 months relative experience
- Mentally fit
- Physically fit
- Alert and has excellent eyesight and good hearing.
General worker wanted at Transnet
- Safety and risk awareness
- Passion to achieve results
- Personal driving force and integrity
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships
- Arrange what follows
- Reliable and dependable
- Knowledge of basic mechanical and electrical engineering equipment, hand tools, materials.
- Knowledge regarding safety, first aid and fire fighting.
- Safe working procedures.
- Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- General housekeeping and ensuring a clean and tidy environment, including landscaping, as needed at all times.
- Break concrete with a hammer, chisel and dumber hammer for pipes, electrical cables and ducts.
- Elevator, carry, transport, load, equipment, tools and materials. Rock removal and cleaning of the beach to prevent pump damage.
- Excavation excavations, general excavations and the filling of material.
- Cleaning the high pressure, including removing the marine growth, from the pier, saucers, jet pumps, sand diversion equipment, exterior walls and inner walls of the shower tank, and all other areas where high pressure cleaning is needed.
- Clean the drum screen and the inside of the shower tank.
- Apply corrosion protection to the drum screen, in the sediment tank, plant pumps, pump components, GSPs, pier pipelines, and all other components, equipment and areas where corrosion protection is required.
- Enter into enclosed spaces, namely caissons and settlement tanks to remove marine growth.
- Maintain and clean work areas, equipment and tools.
- Paint heel attachments, valves and electric motors, saucer pipes and all other areas where paint is needed.
- Assist with general work at other depots as and when required.
- Sand pump motors and brackets
How To Apply