The National Department of Social Development based in Pretoria (National Office) is offering an internship programme for 24-months commencing on 01 July 2020. Applicants must be unemployed graduates or students from accredited institutions of Higher Learning with the following qualifications / study area:
Field of Study:
- International Relations / Political Science
- Statistics / Economics
- Human Resource Management / Records Management
- Public Administration / Public Management Administration / Office Management
- Social Sciences / Human Sciences
- LLB / Law / Labour Relations
- Social Work
- Youth Development
- Community Development
- Development Studies
- Food Security
- Financial Management / Accounting
- Information Technology / Network Infrastructure / Computer Science / Project Management
- Systems Development
- Events Management / Marketing / Communication / Media Studies / Graphic Design
- Information Science / Information Studies
- Gender Studies
- Population Studies
The applicants must not have been exposed to work experience in their area of study or have participated in an internship programme in a government department. Invited candidates should make their own accommodation and transport arrangements.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward a signed Z83 Form, accompanied by the following documentation:
Certified copy of the qualification or a letter from the Institution announcing the completion of the qualification and the graduation date,
- Certified copy of the ID, and
- Academic record.
- Only one application per qualification is allowed, duplicate applications will not be considered.
- According to Employment Equity criteria the advertisement is open to Africans, Indians, Coloureds, and Whites, Male and Female and persons with disabilities.
- People with disabilities, in relation to their disability, must please specify their reasonable accommodation needs in other words what equipment and support is required to perform the job.
- Due to a large amount of correspondence we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Programme will commence on 01 July 2020 and end on 30 June 2022. The Interns will receive a monthly stipend of R6, 083.00.
Reference number: DSD Intern 2020
National Department of Social Development
Directorate: HRD and Performance Management
Private Bag X901
Or Hand Deliver at:
Human Science Research Council Building C/o Bosman and Pretorius Street 134 Pretorius Street Pretoria 0001
For attention: Ms Carmen van der Westhuizen at 012 312 7532