Vodacom is committed to offer fifty students with bursaries per year to study in fields in which there are skills shortages. Top-achieving students from disadvantaged communities are chosen to study in the ICT and engineering sectors.
Areas of study
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary if they plan to have a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
Engineering and Operations:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only);
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study.
- BSc Computer Science;
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary.
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- be a member of a family who’s total household income does not exceed R150 000 per year
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum “C” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- must be younger than 25 years
may apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet
- all criteria above
Before submitting your application, please consider our eligibility requirements and answer the following questions: If answers are not yes to all, please do not apply.
Am I applying for the correct field of study?
Did I obtain the minimum academic requirements?
Am I using the correct bursary application form?
Am I a South African Citizen?
Only long listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not invited for an initial interview, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please take into consideration that preference will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals
The bursary scheme is presently administered by Career Wise.
For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vodacom also has an extensive programme of learnerships and internships in the field of Information Communication Technology as well as different aspects of business management.
How to Apply